This beautiful Thangka of Guru Rinpoche is completely hand painted by Tibetan Buddhist thangkas Master from Nepal. Guru Rinpoche is with yes Sogyal and Mandara.
Mantra of Padmasambhava
The mantra of Padmasambhava is Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum.
- Om is the perfect splendor and richness of sambhogakaya
- Ah is the total unchanging perfection of dharmakaya, the manifest body of absolute reality
- Hung perfects the presence of Guru Padmasambhava as the nirmanakaya, the manifest body of emanation
- Vajra perfects all the Heruka deities of the mandalas
- Guru refers to the root and transmission gurus and the holders of intrinsic awareness
- The Padma perfects the assembly of dakas and dakinis
- Siddhi is the life force of all the wealth deities and the guardians of the treasure teachings
- Hung is the life force of the Dharmapala, the protective deities
Padmasambhava was a history teacher who is said to have converted Tibet to Buddhism. He was a renowned scholar, meditator, and magician, and his mantra suggests his rich and diverse nature.
Padmasambhava, Means The Lotus-Born, was a sage guru from Oddiyana who is said to have transmitted Vajrayana Buddhism to Bhutan and Tibet and neighboring countries in the 8th century.
In those lands he is better known as Guru Rinpoche (“Precious Guru”) or Lopon Rinpoche, or, simply, Padum in Tibet, where followers of the Nyingma school regard him as the second Buddha.
Guru Rinpoche Padmasambhava said:
“My father is the intrinsic awareness, Samantabhadra. My mother is the ultimate sphere of reality, Samantabhadri. I belong to the caste of non-duality of the sphere of awareness. My name is the Glorious Lotus-Born. I am from the unborn sphere of all phenomena. I consume concepts of duality as my diet. I act in the way of the Buddhas of the three times.”
The iconography of Guru Padmasambhava
There are no reviews yet.