Tibetan Tiger Carpet is made by Tibetan weavers in Kathmandu using Tibetan wool. It is 4mm thick and the highest quality rug that conveys the warmth of handmade products from Nepal.
The tiger is known to symbolize unconditional confidence and disciplined awareness, kindness, and modesty. The tiger is associated with confidence, dominance over the forest, and the air element.
Tibetans believe that meditating on a tiger carpet will protect you from negativity and enhance your meditation practice.
All the carpets are made of organic materials and all the carpets are hand-made. The vegetable dyes used to make carpest are tea leaves, Barberry plant, rumex leaf, myrobalan nut, madder root, indigo rock, etc.
There are several steps involved in the Tibetan carpet-making process. Carpet weaving is a traditional occupation of Himalayan people who started many years ago.
Learn more about the Traditional Tibetan carpet making process in our blog post.
How to Take Care of your Carpet?
- Using a vacuum cleaner, it helps to suck out stuck soils and dirt and does not harm the fiber of the rug
- Use scissors to cut the ends of the loose threads of the rug.
- Do not use chemical, it will fade the colors of the rug.
- Avoid using rugs in a damp area.
- Do not expose too much directly to the sun.
- Do not dry clean.
- Always prefer to wash the carpet from a professional rug cleaning company.
If you want a custom size, color and design please contact us.