Tibetan Tiger Design Carpet is hand-knotted in Nepal. Tiger in Tibetan Buddhists symbolizes unconditional confidence, disciplined awareness, and modesty. Resting in a gentle state of being that has a natural sense of satisfaction and fulfillment. This Tibetan tiger rug is made in Nepal by master weavers.
Bringing home carpets with the Tiger symbol symbolizes fulfillment and satisfaction in the family.
This carpet is traditionally hand-knotted by highly skilled Tibetan carpet weavers on traditional vertical looms. Woven with 100 knots per square inch, It can take a skilled carpet weaver on average of 2- 4 months to weave a rug depending upon its size.
The size of this carpet on foot is 6*3 and the weight is 5 kg.
All the carpets are made of organic materials and all the carpets are hand-made. The vegetable dyes used to make carpest are tea leaves, Barberry plant, rumex leaf, myrobalan nut, madder root, indigo rock, etc.
There are several steps involved in the Tibetan carpet-making process. Carpet weaving is a traditional occupation of Himalayan people who started many years ago.
Learn more about the Traditional Tibetan carpet making process in our blog post.
How to Take Care of your Carpet?
- Using a vacuum cleaner, helps to suck out stuck soils and dirt and does not harm the fiber of the rug
- Use scissors to cut the ends of the loose threads of the rug.
- Do not use chemicals, it will fade the colors of the rug.
- Avoid using rugs in a damp area.
- Do not expose too much directly to the sun.
- Do not dry clean.
- Always prefer to wash the carpet from a professional rug cleaning company.
If you want a custom size, color and design please contact us.