How to draw a Mandala?
Drawing mandalas is fun. When you are trying to create something new relax and think echo of your soul and the surroundings.
Sketching and giving shape to the mandala can be a new experience in your life which can help to explore yourself and find the shapes, colors, and patterns to represent your current state of mind to your most deeply-desired wish for yourself, for a loved one, or for humanity.
Your mandala is the representation of your inner self so you have the freedom to create something unique and meaningful.
Table of Contents
Mandala and Meditation
mandalas are a great tool for meditation. Different patterns, shape, symbols have different meaning and are used for deep meditation tools. Many different cultures around the world use mandalas in their spiritual practices.
Precaution you need to follow before starting Mandala Drawing
- Draw lightly with a pencil so you can erase it if you make a mistake.
- Pick the simple pattern at first.
- Pick fine drawing tool to give sharp details to your mandala
- You can choose a simple symbol and put it in the center of the mandala.
Materials required to Draw Mandala
- canvas or sheet of paper
- drawing compass
- fine liner/thin marker/pigment ink pen
- thicker marker
Steps Involved in Drawing Mandala
First of all, you need to pick the canvas or paper in square size to draw a mandala. Like you can pick your paper size to 25*25 cm. The bigger the square, the more room you will have for putting in lots of detail and color.
Artist doing Meditation Mandala in 25*25 cm canvas
Simply you can start coloring each round with light and dark colors and use a dark color like red or black for background color which can be like this at last.
You can draw symbol like some lotus flower in the middle of the mandala and make it complete.
Benefits of Mandala Drawing
- Calm your mind
- Spiritual practice for your personal evolution
- Quiet your emotions
- Induce feelings of tranquility and deep contentment
- Uplift your soul
- Promote greater awareness of self and Life
- Make meditation easier and more accessible
- Reduce stress and lower blood pressure
- Generate good health and well-being
- Ground and center your consciousness
- Integrate polarities within yourself (such as yin/yang)
- Increase in concentration
- Stimulate your creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Access the Divine/Teacher Within you
- Create satisfaction and pleasure
- Overcome blocks and stuck patterns in daily life
- Align body, mind, heart, and spirit into harmony
- Open the heart chakra
- Assist you to reach your full potential
- Promote spiritual enlightenment
Different mandalas Pattern